This is your chance to speak at a major international conference and share your experience, best practices or your leading edge management research. This is an opportunity for Business employees, managers, CEOs, consultants to present and share best practices (perhaps for the first time at a major conference) and Academics to present a peer-reviewed conference paper and get them fast-tracked into leading journals. Download a Call for Papers flyer (PDF, 500KB).
We encourage you to submit a full Abstract (500 words) or a Paper (written article of a maximum of 8 pages). Those that meet the required standard (as assessed by an International Technical Committee) will be invited to give a presentation and can register for the Congress at discounted speaker rates.
NOTE the Call for Papers has now closed – deadline was 6 June 2012
Dependent on the quality of the Abstract/Paper and its fit with the Congress objectives you will be invited to give either a Full Presentation (between 20 to 30 minutes dependent on the final programme) or an Overview Presentation (between 5 to 10 minutes dependent on the final programme). There will also be an opportunity for questions and answers.
Abstracts/papers will only be published in the conference proceedings if one or more of the authors register to speak at the Congress.
The best papers will be considered for the Best Paper Award (with awards of $250 to $1,000), and fast-tracked for publication in one of the following local or international journals:
• Q-NewZ Magazine
• TQM Journal
• Measuring Business Excellence Journal
• International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management
• International Benchmarking Journal
• International Journal of TQM and Business Excellence
The winners of the Best Paper Award and other selected papers will be profiled in the Business Performance Improvement Resource, www.BPIR.com, with the author’s agreement.
Your paper/presentation should provide practical examples of best practices or describe the role of a business practice in building organisational capability (in particular, explaining how the practice is
“Driving Excellence> Innovation> Productivity> Export Growth”.
Refer to the Manuscript Guide on how to submit an abstract or draft paper and refer to the Presentation Guide on how to prepare for your presentation. The paper should be submitted to the International Technical Committee by
e-mail at: email@example.com.
The language of the World Congress is English only.
An overview of key dates for submission of abstracts/papers/presentations and registration are shown here.
Abstracts/papers are encouraged in the following areas:
DEVELOPING BUSINESS CAPABILITY
1. Business excellence assessments, awards and models
2. Developing management and organisational capability
3. Productivity initiatives for a sector/region or the economy as a whole
4. Leadership (vision, values, developing leaders, ethics, governance)
5. Social and environmental responsibility (surpassing regulatory requirements/engaging with the local community)
6. Strategic planning and deployment
CUSTOMER AND MARKET FOCUS
7. Customer and market focus (understanding customers, building customer relationships, marketing)
8. Seeking, connecting and forming international partnerships for export growth
MEASUREMENT, ANALYSIS AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
9. Performance measurement (selecting measures, analysis, reporting, balanced scorecard, triple bottom-line)
10. Benchmarking (performance and best practice benchmarking)
11. Knowledge management and information technology
HUMAN RESOURCE FOCUS
12. Education, training, development and learning
13. Employee teams, empowerment, motivation, and satisfaction
14. Process management and improvement (six sigma, quality control, quality assurance, and quality management, safety)
15. Innovation (in products/services and processes)
16. Supplier relationships and partnerships
17. Standards and certification (IS0 9000, IS0 14000 etc)